Step Motor Driver 4.5A / phase, 10V to 45VMicrostepping driver with 1/16-step resolution Drives bipolar and unipolar motors.
- • Built-in Translator
- • Phase Current up to 4.5A
- • Four Stepping Modes: Full, Half, 1/4th, 1/8th, 1/16th
- • Automatic Idle Current Reduction
- • Automatic current decay mode detection/selection
- • Adjustable Mixed current decay mode
- • Synchronous rectification for low power dissipation
- • Fixed Off-Time current regulator for Constant Current operation
- • Internal Under-Voltage-Lock-Out protection
- • Thermal Shutdown protection
- • Thermal Overheat indicator
- • Crossover Current protection
- • Single voltage power supply
- • Large heat sink
- • Easy mounting
This driver features Automatic Idle Current Reduction, that help keep the motor running cooler.
Each time the step pulse stops and motor remains still, the driver will wait 3 seconds and then lower the motor current
to lower value called Idle Current. This Idle Current can be set to anything from 0 to 100% of the motor current.
In real application this Idle Current is set as low as to the point where the motor still producess sufficient Holding Torque to maintain the position.
This way, when the new step pulse arrives, the motor can continue from the same position.
Download User Manual in pdf format : BSD-073 User Manual This driver is optimized for motors with phase current between 1.0A and 4.5A. You can still use it below 1.0A but for lower currents we recomend the BSD-02LH.
|Max Current||2.6A to 6.3A|
|Max Step Resolution||Sixteenth (1/16)|